Introduction from Pete
Most people with persistent pain struggle to manage it. I know how they feel because I also struggled back in the early 1990s.
It wasn’t until I got myself on a pain management programme in 1996, where I learnt some basic and simple life-long skills to self-manage my pain, myself.
I still use those skills today and why since 1997, I haven’t had the need to take any pain medication. I teach this same simple skills in the workshop.
How the workshops work
- The workshops are online 2.5 hours long..but could run on longer
- Workshops will only have between 6-8 people, so there is time for people to be interactive with Pete and each other.
Watch the video from Pete Moore who gives an overview of the workshop
Pain Toolkit Workshop overview
- Introductions and challenges you have living with pain and long-term health conditions
- What do you want to get out of the workshop?
- Setting the scene…why you and healthcare professionals get stuck and all the really interesting stuff
- Stretch/comfort break 10mins
- Understanding the tools in the Pain Toolkit and how to use them
- Explain the 5 key coaching pain self-management skills?
- Social Prescribing
- Ending the workshop
If you would like even more information, please contact Pete via the website