September 24 @ 8:30 am – September 25 @ 5:00 pm
$220 – $330
This 2 day workshop for GPs and Health Professionals aims to provide participants with an inter-professional learning opportunity to better manage patients with persistent pain.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP:
“Making Sense of Pain” is an inter-professional pain management workshop designed specifically for health professionals, and delivered in an informal and interactive setting.
- Provides you with the ‘What’: Information about evidence-based management of people experiencing chronic pain; as well as the ‘How to’: Putting the information into practice.
- Introduces the important concepts of inter-subjectivity and “third space” engagement and stigma, as well as considering different ways to reframe the experience of pain.
- Assists you to improve interactions with patients experiencing pain to result in more positive outcomes for both parties.
- Provides you with the opportunity to interact with “Pain Champions”, real people with lived experience of chronic pain.
- Encourages you to reflect on your beliefs and attitudes to people experiencing pain. Reflective decision making is a core element in clinical reasoning.
- Provides a practical approach to engaging with people with pain, that can be applied in the clinical setting.
- You will be invited to join a networking group of past and present workshop attendees and presenters.
Prof Eric Visser – Anaesthetist & Pain Medicine Physician
Dr John Quintner – Pain Medicine Physician & Rheumatologist (retired)
Ms Melanie Galbraith – APA Pain Physiotherapist
Dr Vance Locke – Clinical Psychologist
Ms Jacintha Bell – Senior Occupational Therapist
Ms Mary Roberts – Clinical Psychology Registrar
PAIN CHAMPIONS: to be announced
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Currently registered GPs, Nurses, and Allied Health Professionals.
Note: Your AHPRA number is required with registration. Please contact us if you are registered with another professional organisation.
Early bird rate by the 31st August 2020: $220 (incl GST)
Standard rate after 31/08/2020: $330 (incl GST)
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided on both days.
Registrations close Friday 18th September 2020