I came across this site just today! Congratulations guys on giving injured Australian workers such support, and above all, a voice.
A Diary of a WorkCover Victim- kick-started by “Workcovervictim”- has been designed and developed by a bunch of seriously injured workcover victims (and their families) who have-unfortunately- been dealing with workcover for too many years…
Aims of this blog:
- To provide information, education and referral advice for injured workcover victims. Knowledge is our only defense!
- To facilitate sharing of experiences of injured workcover victims
- To expose the workcover insurer frauds, scams and dirty tactics
- To exchange and share useful tips and tricks with fellow workcover victims
- To offer a place where injured workcover victims (and TAC victims) are welcome, loved, respected, understood and where they can find a sense of belonging; a place where they can speak their minds, seek and offer support and where they can hopefully find a little comfort, a bit of a laugh, a dose of courage and some strength to continue their endless battles for their lawful entitlements, so often wrongfully denied
- To advocate improved rights and benefits for injured workcover victims.
- To offer a bit of a “venting” place for those injured workers, who – like me – are sick and tired and frustrated with the whole, unfair, hair-raising, mind-numbing, rotten workcover system
Read more (better still, contribute or help someone contribute their story)…
Read about Erin Brokovich’s visit to A WorkCover Victim